AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Blog Archive

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Sunday, May 19, 2013

India News and Pictures

 
India figures large in my sci-fi fantasy novel, SpaceHive, appropriate for boys and girls 10 - 14 years old and available on Amazon worldwide.

Himachal Pradesh in India

Map of India
Himachal Pradesh stars in my middle grade novel, SpaceHive, which is an area in India where the space ship touches down after destroying most of North America.

Hear what the Wasps have to say about relocating to beautiful northern India:



Crops just coming up in India at sunrise


SpaceHive lands in India



Its shadow covered all of western Canada and the northwestern USA. Superconductors whined and screeched. They locked on latitude and longitude. The ship rocketed far into space, whirled and shattered the sound barrier landing minutes later in a distant mountain area of India called Himachal Pradesh.

http://cdn.morguefile.com/imageData/public/files/x/xtradc/hr/fldr_2005_01_18/file0001117864508.jpg
The people had fled to the caves in the hills
The population of Himachal Pradesh had fled to the caves with the first wave of alien ships. No one lived on the plains or towns.
Ocean and beach in India
"Our Black Watch is pleased with India," Zibb said. "We worker bees, nurses and drones were told we could leave the ship right away to explore and eat fresh food, collect nectar for honey, stretch our legs in a forest that's like our old Jive Hive."
"The area is ideal." Queen Taranta preened. "We chose well. There are snowy mountains in the north to hide the ship, rivers and trees, tropics in the south and types of animals which have not yet been driven away as the area is so remote. There's plenty of fresh water now."
Snow-capped Himalayan mountains


The great ship sucked up water, running cold and sweet from the Himalaya Mountains. Robot scrubs were set around the outside of the ship to mop up radiation. The wasps opened the doors and ports to let in fresh air.
"We can hang meat and have ripe fruit," the queen said, her antennae twitching at the thought of good food. "We can make more honey and royal jelly."
Zibb and her cousins jumped up and down, flapping their arms. "We'll feed the queen sweet nectar and find her a nice palace with honey stored in wax honeycombs."
"I'm pleased," General Vard remarked. "You've done well to choose this India place, human."

Bollywood News

Reprinted from The India Times


Could Bollywood make a movie from SpaceHive? Maybe something like RIPD from India Times..."meet your new partner...you got to earn that...I'm the biggest  lawman that ever lived and died."




Aadab Ali from SpaceHive
"My name is Aadab Ali. May Allah be praised. I'm young Indian, take engineering courses, want to go to engineering college, but aliens come."

2. Aadab talks about Iodine:

 



Aadab's girlfriend Iodine
"I'm freedom fighter now, fierce yet gentle and a good man. My girlfriend Iodine loves such a man. I'm twenty years old and she is sixteen, perfect ages. How happy I am to find a girl like Iodine. Allah be praised, but I must send her away now, to the farther hills where she will be safe like my parents and sisters."

Would it be a spoiler to say all ends happily? The fruit thinks so... 

  • Enjoy the summer, readers, and don't forget to sign up for my newsletter (top left of my blog). 

  • A little SURPRISE gift for those who sign up will be forthcoming in the next few days, featuring the latest news on Sasquatch with a link to the latest scientific research, and a sneak preview of my new young adult novel.

  • Watch for my newsletter in your mailbox. 

  • Please add the email to your address book so it's not marked as SPAM. We wouldn't want that, would we? NO!!! 

Learn about the latest scientific developments in the world of space science, paranormal activities, and lots more. 


Remember Doomsday? Lots of 2012 movies. That's history now, like the Millennium. What exciting future do we have now that Earth has (once again) survived?


  DISCOVERY at the CAPE. A home movie. 

Do any of you have a home movie to share of something exciting and magical? Would you like to share it here? I love new content from new and exciting young minds. Or mature minds...doesn't matter to me. I'm pretty mature myself, entered my seventh decade 9 years ago. You know, the first 10 years of life are the first decade. So it goes. When you're 20 you're entering your third decade...right?

Comments, please? All will be answered and I'll link to your blog if you include it.

 

2 comments:

  1. I really love Spacehive, and enjoyed the many references to India via Adaab Ali. I also enjoy Bollywood. Thanks for the further info about wonderful India, Kenna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judi, I wonder how many young fellows and women from India will perhaps see this post and be tempted to read SpaceHive? I appreciate your vote of confidence.

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.