AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Blog Archive

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Guest Post by Roy Huff, Author of Everville

Author Roy Huff
NOTE: EVERVILLE IS FREE TODAY, WED AND THURSDAY MAY 12-MAY 16, 2013 INCLUSIVE.

ALSO IN UK HERE
                                     
WELCOME TO ROY HUFF, INIMITABLE AUTHOR OF EVERVILLE. TELL US A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR EPIC SERIES, ROY:
Everville: The First Pillar is the first in a series of epic teen fantasy novels, which was initially conceived as a creative writing paper for an online English class at the Community College of Denver. I was taking the class to supplement my third undergraduate degree and second Bachelors degree program in Geosciences/ Operational Meteorology.

Everville: The First Pillar book cover
After sharing the paper with other students, as required by the teacher, I received feedback from several students about a desire to read an entire book based on Everville. At the time is was a three page paper, which became chapter one in the book. I decided that it was something I could and would complete, so I wrote another 30 pages over the course of eighteen months.



I was initially planning on finding a literary agent and going the traditional publishing route, but I soon came to the realizationthat the daunting prospect was getting in the way of finishing the book. I then decided to do a little research on self publishing and marketing, and after reading a book by John Locke on how he sold a million ebooks on Kindle, I decided I would publish and market the book on my own. I then set about to create a blog and leverage social media as much as possible to promote the book and develop relationships with fellow readers and writers.

Over the course of the next three months, I went on a massivepre publication blitz while writing the rest of the book. The book has so far been well received and a moderate success, reaching #1 in three categories in the US including Epic Fantasy and Teen Fantasy as well as #1 in similar categories in Japan, Canada,
and Germany as part of a free Kindle ebook promotion being held on Amazon through Thursday May 16th.

I am currently writing the second book in the series, Everville: The City of Worms, which I hope to have available in August.
Everville: The City of Worms book cover



There will be seven or eight books in the series, and it is my hope to turn the series into a set of feature films. In addition to the thrill of writing books, I think the most rewarding aspect of the process is getting positive feedback from teachers and educators who are excited or who have students that are excited and inspired by the book. I certainly hope that future books in the series will continue to inspire as well as achieve success to the same degree as the first one has.

Links.

Twitter @evervillefans
Instagram @owensageblog
Blog
Like him on Facebook
Follow him on Google+
Follow him on Pinterest
Become a fan on Goodreads
Follow him on Youtube
Amazonpurchase links   US
Amazonpurchase links  UK
                                        



 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.