AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Blog Archive

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Funny commercials on youtube



Ameriquest Commercials on Youtube

Don't be too quick to judge

  • Don't judge too quickly.
  • Funny commercials. 
  • Do you judge from first impressions? 
  • Stats show that our first impressions stay with us for a lifetime. 
  • First impressions are important.

Funny commercials

  • Ameriquest has funny commercials on youtube about judging too quickly. 
  • What do you think about forming a first impression? 
  • Are you aware of the importance of a first impression?
 Ameriquest funny commercials on youtube

I bombed at my first presentation

Five minute speech

 Last October 2012 I completely bombed at my first presentation as an author. It was a five minute talk promoting my young adult book, SpaceHive, in front of an audience of children's authors and children's book readers. 

My son had died two weeks before

My son had died two weeks before and I teared up when speaking without explaining why, also did not capture my audience. I read from SpaceHive and read the wrong portion, it didn't have anything to say. I didn't use props. I did get a laugh from my audience at one point. 

Wanted to quit


I wanted to quit long before the moderator indicated time was up. 

I repeated myself about music, music being important to my son, but I did not ever mention my son or his death to explain myself, I was not transparent

I refused a raffle ticket for a painting. 

All in all, I don't believe I'll be invited back again to this group.

I learned something

  • I learned a lot and did a lot of thinking and research since then. Experience talks.
  •  I also learned that authors typically dress in jeans and colorful shirts or they dress very well in skirts and scarves and dangling earrings. 
  •  I'm learning how to dress like an author and I will learn how to present my works.
  • First impressions. Don't bomb. Engage your audience, use props, dress appropriately, use humor if you can, and be prepared.

First impressions. Thanks, Ameriquest.



2 comments:

  1. What fun videos about judging too quickly! I'm ashamed to say that I have done that in the past. I'm grateful to have learned to stop this destructive habit. After all, too often we DO NOT have the entire knowledge necessary to make good decisions about people. And who among us is perfect to begin with? Thanks for sharing, Kenna.

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.