AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
PS Further to my Putin Rainbow themes, I've been rereading the Russian position (no pun intended). The law is passed for the protecti...
Sunday, November 10, 2013
The Stalker
Terrified
The wind rushed through an echoing home
Only a screen and the ringing phone,
He cannot do it
again, she thought.
She was terrified.
The mailman stopped to admire her yard
Carefully tended with dirt and stone,
Ten postcards and a box of poems.
He cannot do it
again, she thought.
She was terrified.
Her stalker knew her birthplace, too,
Shaped cookies of Ohio,
His apology did not ring true.
Hazel eyes and eyes of blue
Locked once in a sitting room.
She was terrified.
Certain teachers have a nose
For truth in voice or truth in prose,
She knew the game had not begun.
He cannot do it
again, she thought.
The stalker thought it was all in fun
But forgot when the lawyers made their run.
He was terrified.
A victim should not have to pay
Once in fact and once in court,
So the stalker whispered guilt
For postcards and a box of poems
Asking for forgiveness.
Loved maybe once so very wrong,
His heart was raw and his song was long.
He was terrified.
The phone was silent all these years
Each mail brought further fears
Until the fox and hound changed place,
She knew then what the stalker meant
To trust him and his dangerous faith.
I can do it now, he wrote,
He can't do it
again, she thought,
The apology was finally there—
Please God no fear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.