AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(147)
-
▼
June
(13)
- Radio talk show hostess Naz Sohni Uppal
- Norse origin of the name Friday
- "Killer" bees
- June 15 in Denmark History
- Canada, My Home and Native Land
- Who I am and having FUN
- 5 Maybe Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Me
- Fire in Moscow
- Kenna McKinnon: Sample of SpaceHive - Wet Your Whi...
- Just for Canadians
- Russian Satire: Predictions for 2013
- O Canada, our True North Strong and Free
- COMMENT OF THE DAY
-
▼
June
(13)
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
PS Further to my Putin Rainbow themes, I've been rereading the Russian position (no pun intended). The law is passed for the protecti...
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Radio talk show hostess Naz Sohni Uppal
Naz Sohni Uppal is the Radio South
Asia Friday hostess of a show called Naz at
Night that runs from 10 p.m. to midnight on World FM 101.7.
![]() |
| South Asian woman |
Their website promises "only
the quirky and esoteric need apply" for anyone interested in an interview
with Naz.
She has asked to interview me, as the author of SpaceHive, a middle
grade/young adult novel that takes place partially in India.
SpaceHive features
Jason Anderson, the 12-year-old Canadian protagonist, with a South Asian Muslim
young man named Aadab Ali and his Hindu girlfriend Iodine. Aadab speaks Urdu
and some of that language is included in the novel.
It's a multicultural and
multinational story with a moral that the world is a "global village"
(thanks, Canadian philosopher/educator
Marshall McLuhan).
If indeed the interview takes place
as planned and is aired, I presume the listeners will be South Asian and other
cultures with a world view, and will generate interest in SpaceHive, especially
with my Indian and Pakistani readers, whom I have been trying to cultivate quite
unsuccessfully.
I look forward to meeting Naz Sohni
Uppal and chatting before the actual interview takes place.
I'll try to be "quirky and
esoteric."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)




Congratulations, Kenna! Sounds like that could be a fun, and beneficial, experience for you. Quirky is easy, how do you play esoteric?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Doug, yes, I'm looking forward to meeting Naz. I don't think I can play esoteric quite as well as quirky, hehe.
ReplyDeleteSounds exciting, Kenna!
ReplyDelete