AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(147)
-
▼
June
(13)
- Radio talk show hostess Naz Sohni Uppal
- Norse origin of the name Friday
- "Killer" bees
- June 15 in Denmark History
- Canada, My Home and Native Land
- Who I am and having FUN
- 5 Maybe Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Me
- Fire in Moscow
- Kenna McKinnon: Sample of SpaceHive - Wet Your Whi...
- Just for Canadians
- Russian Satire: Predictions for 2013
- O Canada, our True North Strong and Free
- COMMENT OF THE DAY
-
▼
June
(13)
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Red Herrings was featured on Book Goodies , but now it's buried on the first page. I regret I don't keep up my website/blog, a...
Friday, June 21, 2013
Norse origin of the name Friday
Today is Friday, June 21, 2013.
The origin of the name Friday arises
from the Old English word meaning the "day of Frigg."
![]() | |
| Norse god and goddess |
Frigg's name means "love" or "beloved one." Her name was changed in various countries.
The name Frigg is associated with
married women. She was called on by women to assist in childbirth, and
Scandinavians used the plant Galium verum as a sedative and called it Frigg's
grass.
Labels:Friday,Frigg,goddess,Norse gods,Odin,origin of names
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.