AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(147)
-
▼
June
(13)
- Radio talk show hostess Naz Sohni Uppal
- Norse origin of the name Friday
- "Killer" bees
- June 15 in Denmark History
- Canada, My Home and Native Land
- Who I am and having FUN
- 5 Maybe Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Me
- Fire in Moscow
- Kenna McKinnon: Sample of SpaceHive - Wet Your Whi...
- Just for Canadians
- Russian Satire: Predictions for 2013
- O Canada, our True North Strong and Free
- COMMENT OF THE DAY
-
▼
June
(13)
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
PS Further to my Putin Rainbow themes, I've been rereading the Russian position (no pun intended). The law is passed for the protecti...
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
"Killer" bees
Little known facts about "killer
bees":
The bee known as the "killer
bee" – the Africanized Honeybee – attacks in large numbers and they have been
known to chase intruders for over a quarter of a mile when disturbed.
Their venom is no more dangerous than regular honeybees, but because they
attack in greater numbers, your chance of having a severe allergic reaction
when they sting you is increased.
The "killer bee" lives in
South America, the western and southern USA.
Each bee can sting only once because
their barbs are hooked and when they fly off part of their abdomen is ripped
off including the stinger.
(Regular honeybees also can only
sting once and then they die, unlike bumblebees or carpenter bees, which have
smooth barbs).
The queens were originally brought
from Africa and Tanzania, but the Africanized honeybees have spread throughout
the world.
Because of their aggressive nature,
it's recommended that you call in a professional exterminator to get rid of
their nests.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.