AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Red Herrings was featured on Book Goodies , but now it's buried on the first page. I regret I don't keep up my website/blog, a...
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
INTERVIEW WITH THE BLACK GENERAL OF SPACEHIVE
Bzzzt ZAP Don't waste my time, puny writer.
How did you acquire such a fine physique, General?
I'm nine feet tall of bile and poison, puny Earthling.
<writer ducks>
Tell us about your childhood, General.
Spent with Bee nurses, mostly puny things seven feet tall, striped orange and black, silly things like to dance. Fed me rotten meat and fruit. I grew in size and cleverness. Lived in the paper caverns in the Hollow Hills under the three moons that spill their red light like putrid blood into the valley. Grew to serve the Queen. Spiked my father through the neck when I grew tall enough to take over control of the Black Watch, the soldiers with the black patches who serve me and the slug-like Queen on our planet, Jive Hive.
What interests you on Earth, General?
It's eight light years away and the humans are weak and selfish. We can easily rid the Earth of the vermin that crawls upon it and make a paradise for the Bees and Wasps for at least a hundred years, when we must expand again.
What is the biological imperative, sir?
Bzzzt Zap I'm the hungry General, the biological imperative is to serve our Queen. We will make a warlike Queen, a young Queen fitting to come to Earth with us. The old Queen is soft and lazy. We'll leave her here on the old Jive Hive.
I wait for Paradise. It will be very hard to kill me.
<flings his poisoned barbs at the writer, who ducks>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)

HOW CLEVER and delightful! What imagination you have, Kenna!
ReplyDeleteYou'll also notice I'm using royalty free photos and images, Judi. How very clever and delightful! And what imagination YOU have to read this treatise on how it's all about me and my book. Thank you so much.
ReplyDelete