AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Monday, December 16, 2013

3 SUCCESSFUL BLOGGERS I FOLLOW AND WHY

Three Successful Bloggers I Follow

  1. Jeremy Shipp
  2. Allan Douglas
  3. John Stanton

WHY DO I FOLLOW JEREMY?

 His blog is here. He wrote Attic Clowns and many pieces of cutting edge horror with a twisted humor and an odd sense of vulnerability.

I like Jeremy because his blog is called JeremyCShipp.wordpress.com and he's not following the "rules" just as I do on my blog, KennaMcKinnon.blogspot.com, not my name and a dedicated website. The reason I do that is because I have a home based transcription business that uses my name on a dedicated site. But Jeremy doesn't have to do that. He just is different and doesn't care what people may think, he isn't trying to be a big shot but he is.

He was short-listed for the Bram Stoker award and is a very young, very valuable human being.

He likes cats. I think I hurt his feelings once. He had a cat who sickened and died, and I thought he was joking. Perhaps he was. Perhaps he wasn't. I'm sorry.
 He says things on his blog like this, “Let me tell you how you should live,” said the humans to each other, every day, forever.

He also featured an interview with me on his blog once when I was a new writer and my debut novel, SpaceHive, was released. 

Jeremy does not have a lot of comments on his blog and I think he should have thousands of followers but I don't think he does. You should check him out and tell him Kenna sent you. He also sews and sells funny little felt creatures. Very different kind of guy and an excellent author.

WHY DO I FOLLOW ALLAN DOUGLAS?


Allan writes a blog called Random Thoughts. He is down to earth, a farmer type guy, and funny in a droll sort of way. He also has an alter ego, but I'll let you figure that out. I like him. 

He's a mountain man, lives with his wife Marie on the side of the Great Smoky Mountains east of Kentucky, and has no children but two dogs. 

He's interested in my little stories of where I grew up on a small family farm in northeastern British Columbia, Canada, and how it was 60+ years ago. 

He also writes very well, and has published three books, one called "Random Thoughts" -- blog posts from yes, Random Thoughts.

You'll like him. He's chatty, pleasant, and funny, and is a man of many trades, a superb carpenter, and knows how to get rid of ants.
Clouds on English Mountain



WHY DO I FOLLOW JOHN STANTON?

Because he's the founder of the Running Room here in Canada and I run. I've met John Stanton in person, shook his hand, bought his books "Running" and "Walking" and he autographed both. He is a hard core runner and a great inspiration. He shows up at almost every running event across Canada eventually, and I saw a photo of John waiting for the last runner of the day and he had his picture taken with her at a particular race. 

He is my running hero. I like the Running Room, too. They have running clinics, lots of cool running gear, sponsor races, are knowledgeable about all aspects of running, and are friendly and approachable.

Check out John Stanton's Facebook page. He says things like, 

Trying to get a buddy to run … instruction is great... but encouragement and support are better. 

A reader replies that Running Room is her support. Me too.

Three Bloggers

I hope you find this list useful. I enjoy their sites and their personalities, and think you will, too. 


 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.