AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(147)
-
▼
July
(9)
- SUMMER SIZZLES EVENT - IMAJIN BOOKS
- The Dennehy Family "United Nations"
- LGBT rights in Russia vs Snowden
- 10 reasons I love my family
- MY 7 (LUCKY NUMBER) FAVORITE BLOGS
- Guest Post: Sandra Miller, Writer from New York
- THE BEST FLASH FICTION READER IN THE UK
- FREE Images and Reasonably Priced Stock Royalty Fr...
- 5 MYTHS ABOUT CANADA EXPOSED
-
▼
July
(9)
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Red Herrings was featured on Book Goodies , but now it's buried on the first page. I regret I don't keep up my website/blog, a...
Sunday, July 28, 2013
LGBT rights in Russia vs Snowden
Russia just passed a law making "gay propaganda" illegal, esp propaganda that might reach minors. Four Dutch filmmakers have recently been charged under this new law because they interviewed a 17-year-old gay man, a minor under Russian law.
Then there's Edward Snowden, accused of leaking US secrets, and seeking asylum in Russia because he may face torture and the death penalty in the USA.
Articles surmise that Obama may be silent on human rights issues in Russia because Snowden is presently in Russia, seeking asylum, and since this is a sensitive area, Obama doesn't want to further inflame Russian sentiments.
What do you think, readers?
Would US reaction to an anti-LFBT law signed by Russian leader Putin be influenced by an equally sensitive situation in the US?
What do you think of Big Brother in 2013?

Then there's Edward Snowden, accused of leaking US secrets, and seeking asylum in Russia because he may face torture and the death penalty in the USA.
Articles surmise that Obama may be silent on human rights issues in Russia because Snowden is presently in Russia, seeking asylum, and since this is a sensitive area, Obama doesn't want to further inflame Russian sentiments.
What do you think, readers?
Would US reaction to an anti-LFBT law signed by Russian leader Putin be influenced by an equally sensitive situation in the US?
What do you think of Big Brother in 2013?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)
EVERYBODY leave the poor people ALONE! Treat them like HUMAN BEINGS which they ARE! Ye who is without sin, cast the first stone -- remember?
ReplyDelete