AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing



Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing

These questions are for my current release.

1. What is the working title of your book?

SpaceHive


2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

My friend was stung by wasps when gardening, and I was then stung by wasps who lived within the walls of her house. This started me thinking about killer bees, wasps, and what would happen if they were huge alien apians who were going to invade Earth. I did a lot of research on bees and wasps and thus the idea was born.


3. What genre does your book fall under?

Young adult/middle grade Science fiction/fantasy


4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Probably Justin Bieber to play Jason, but I'm not familiar with recent actors. A young Bollywood actor to play Aadab Ali, and perhaps a young Richard Gere to play his father. I'm really not familiar with recent actors at all. Vincent Price could have played General Vard.


5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Earth's fate is in the hands of a 12-year-old boy named Jason Anderson as Earth is invaded by vicious giant alien Wasps and Bees in a ship called SpaceHive.


6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

My book is published by Imajin Books in Edmonton, Alberta.


7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Approximately one year.


8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Perhaps James Patterson's "Witch and Wizard." James Patterson was my model for a YA novel.


9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?

My publisher Cheryl Tardif worked closely with me on the original draft of this book, which originally was an adult story. She thought, rightly so, that it would be better as a young adult/middle grade novel. I wrote the book originally because of a love of science fiction and a desire to write a good science fiction novel my son would enjoy.


10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

There's a theme of the world as a "global village," inspired by the words of Canadian philosopher/educator Marshall McLuhan in the 1970s/80s. There's a theme of humanity working together against a common enemy and to make a better world.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kenna, I'm sorry to hear you got attacked by wasps, I know that feelin. A few years ago children here decided to throw stones at a tree, which was the temporary home of some bees.Everybody in the street was telling them not to do, even though it is suicide for a bee to attack, they will if the hive is in danger.

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.