AuthorGraph
Link to Me
Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/
Most Popular Posts
-
It is my pleasure to welcome author Mari Collier to my blog today. We’ll start out with a few questions. If you choose not to a...
-
This book is called The Insanity Machine because in 1978 Kenna McKinnon chatted with another inmate in the old 5C forensic psychiatr...
-
A Lovecraftian short story I wrote. Enjoy, folks, and don't forget the comments! I also would like the opportunity to publish it! ...
-
Roy Huff I'm delighted to be interviewing the multitalented and charismatic author, worl d tr aveler, and research scientist ...
-
Battling Bikers Eileen Schuh, Author The heck with vampires when you can battle bikers! Many teens love reading about the ...
-
Space Oddities and Curious Lack of Warning Steve would have had something interesting and unique to say about this. He was interested...
-
Hi, good readers. I recently removed the CAPTCHA requirement, you know, the word you have to type in to leave a comment. Since then I'...
-
Where do I go from here? Where I've been Came from the depths of obscurity and mental illness to that place called author. Ki...
-
My publisher, Creativia, suggested we change the name of Red Herrings to something "more mysterious" and I came up with several s...
-
A vote: SpaceHive, Space Hive, SPACEHIVE? You'll note there's a new title for my book, and I've chosen SpaceHive. Consultation w...
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
A Brief History of Weed in Canada
Here in Canada, recreational marijuana is well on its way to becoming legal in all of the country.
Marijuana can be purchased from a vending machine in Vancouver, I hear. You're more likely to be arrested in Saskatoon.
Weed was legal in Canada until 1923, and indeed, the US didn't make the bud illegal until 14 years later.
Marijuana's medical benefits were being touted in the late 1990s and 2000s and medical marijuana became available in Canada to those with a prescription, from a medical marijuana dispensary.
Notwithstanding the suspicious sweet smell of pot hovering about downtown in my area of the city and in the lobbies and hallways of this building and others, recreational weed is still illegal in Canada and probably will be until September 2018 at least.
As well, the legalization of weed in Canada is incumbent on international treaties that our country has signed with other nations, and until those are sorted out, it is likely that the status quo will remain and consumers will continue to be busted for possession.
The finale for the story of marijuana in Canada has still to be written.
Consumers continue to light up and wait for the completion of the 2015 Liberal platform to give them the golden key or, as Timothy Leary in my generation might have said:
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Timothy Leary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)

Very good, Kenna! I think MJ should be legal everywhere!
ReplyDeleteIt's legal in some parts of the US, Judi. I am unsure how much longer that will continue, but medical opinion is changing about "Reefer Madness" ha!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete