AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Saturday, September 15, 2012

GUEST BLOG: LAURENCE ST. JOHN, AUTHOR OF METATRON: THE ANGEL HAS RISEN



Guest Blog

Author Laurence St. John

            While working in the steel processing business for almost fifteen years, my place of employment changed hands, for the third time in 2006; fighting for my job, again. No one knows more the feeling of disappointment, of feeling betrayed and taken advantage of more than me. I had no idea how I would take care of my family, no idea how I could hold my head up high. Fortunately I was able to retain my job. And I knew then that I could not give up.
            In the same year my first granddaughter, Kendall, “Papa’s Angel” was born. This was one of the most uplifting moments of my life. This was one of the few times I actually cried. As I held her in my arms, she stared back at me with her precious smile. It was at this time when my emotions were running wild; I became inspired as well as determined to write my penned-up thoughts on paper. I decided to follow my true bliss, as they say and to write my first book. I also wanted Kendall to be proud of me; her Papa.

            Nearly four years later, and many hours of writing, editing, revising and re-editing, it was finished. I had completed my first middle grade fantasy novel, METATRON: The Angel Has Risen. This journey had many bumps and curves in the road but at the end, it was all worth it.

I have already started the process of writing the second novel in the METATRON series which will hopefully be release sometime in 2013. I am endlessly inspired by my three grandkids Kendall, Eli and Sadie. I write for them as well as my wife Julie, my son Joe and his wife Cari, and my daughter Jan her husband Andrew. Lastly, I write for my audience, the readers.


Laurence St. John, author of METATRON
 

Friendly Reminder:
My first scheduled book signing (where I am participating) will be at the 2012 Genoa Ohio Street Fair on Saturday September 15th from 9am - 4pm. My book will be available to purchase. If you already have one bring it by and I'll sign it. Or just stop by and say "hello".
I should have 50 - 100 books on hand.
***A portion of the proceeds from this event will go to:
"The Genoa Area Local Schools Scholarship Foundation, Inc." ***
Hope to see you there!
Sincerely,
Laurence

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.