AuthorGraph



Get my App

Android app on Google Play

Link to Me



Save the badge above and link to www://kennamckinnonauthor.com/

Blog Archive

Most Popular Posts

Featured on Buck Books

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Two greats, Bradbury and Heinlein

Ray Bradbury is dead at the age of 91. Dead on Wednesday, June 6, 2012; I don't know the cause other than his heart gave out. He refused to put his works on ebooks except for one. Best known for Fahrenheit 451, the only novel he said was true science fiction, or based on what was real as opposed to fantasy (unreal). For example, the Martian Chronicles in Bradbury's opinion was fantasy as it was unreal.

His work always reminded me of another great writer, Robert Heinlein, who died in 1988. My friend Judi said the first Sci Fi book she read and so much enjoyed as a teen was Heinlein's "Have Spacesuit will Travel." 

Which writers do my young readers enjoy and want to emulate? James Patterson, Jeremy Shipp, there are many others.

Want to put in a vote for your favorite?

Rest in Peace, Ray. You were "a kid at heart," a legacy I would hope could be mine some day. Not that I could ever hope to be a great writer like you, but a "kid at heart," bringing joy to millions.

2 comments:

  1. I have to add an R.I.P. to this post for Nora Ephron! She was such a great writer, too. Snappy, amazing dialogue. What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora Ephron died on June 26, 2012 after a six year battle with leukemia. She was the screenwriter for When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle, which I think she also directed. An amazing talent, 70 when she died and extremely young looking. Here is her obituary. Thank you, Wendy, for this R.I.P.http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jun/27/nora-ephron?newsfeed=true

    ReplyDelete

SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER! GET COOL TRAFFIC EBOOK BY ANA HOFFMAN.